Contractors' Plant and Machinery Insurance

Contractors' Plant and Machinery Insurance is designed to provide coverage for construction and contracting companies against risks associated with plant, machinery, equipment, and tools used in construction projects. This insurance is crucial for managing the significant risks involved in working on large-scale projects and operating heavy machinery.

Having Contractors’ Plant and Machinery Insurance from PPI will cover you against potential risks, including:

  • Theft (excluding theft of accessories or spare parts), Robbery, and Gang Robbery
  • Total Loss and Constructive Total Loss
  • Flood, Windstorm, and Earthquake
  • UXO (Unexploded Ordnance Or Bomb) Cover

The insurance covers machinery and plant specified in the Certificate/Schedule under the following conditions:

  • The insured property is at work, at rest, or undergoing cleaning or overhauling.
  • The insured property is in transit (en route to a site) by road or rail or while on roll-on-roll-off ferries on inland water crossings.

Both mobile and stationary plant and equipment can be insured, as well as temporary buildings and site installations (accommodation huts, office huts, workshops). This plant and equipment/machinery may be the contractor’s own property or rented. Tunneling machinery, mining machinery used underground, and plant used at the water’s edge, on barges, or on pontoons are only covered by Specific Endorsement.

To file a claim under Contractors' Plant and Machinery Insurance with PPI, follow these steps:


1. Notify PPI Immediately: Contact PPI as soon as you become aware of any loss, damage, or incident involving the insured property.

2. Document the Incident: Provide detailed documentation of the incident, including photographs, witness statements, and any other relevant information.

3. Submit a Claim Form: Complete and submit the claim form provided by PPI. Ensure all required information and supporting documents are included.

4. Cooperate with the Investigation: Cooperate fully with PPI's claims adjuster during the investigation process. This may include providing additional information or access to the damaged property.

5. Settlement: Once the investigation is complete, PPI will process the claim and provide a settlement based on the terms of the policy.

The claim form required to file a claim under the Contractors' Plant and Machinery Insurance policy with PPI should include the following information:

  • Policyholder's details (name, address, contact information)
  • Description of the incident (date, time, location, and nature of the loss or damage)
  • Details of the insured property (description, value, and ownership)
  • Supporting documentation (photographs, receipts, repair estimates, etc.)
  • Witness statements (if applicable)

Ensure all sections of the claim form are completed accurately and thoroughly to facilitate a smooth claims process.


Looking for insurance coverage?

Our experienced team can help you find the right policy for your home, car, or business. Contact us today to learn more and protect what matters most.

Popular products

Personal Lines Insurance

Personal Lines Insurance refers to insurance policies that provide coverage for individuals and their personal assets, such as homes, cars, and personal liability.

Commercial Lines Insurance

Commercial Lines Insurance is a type of insurance that provides coverage for businesses and their assets, including property, liability, and workers' compensation.
© People & Partners Insurance Plc.